Beaufort High School Beaufort, SC
Attended Furman University – Music Major, University of South Carolina – Sociology Major. Graduated High Honors Beaufort High School, 1998. Rank 13/299
Furman University Greensville, SC
Attended Furman University – Music Major, University of South Carolina – Sociology Major.
Activities and Awards
Andy was honored by the Beaufort Chamber Orchestra.
- 1997 S.C. Hero – Awarded by Governor's Office and United Way
- Recipient – Commendation of Speaker of S.C.
Edie Rodgers for personal accomplishments
- Member - 1998 Senior All State Strings Orchestra
- Graduate – 1997 Governor's School of the Performing Arts – Honors Program. Intensive 5 week school at Furman University. Performed in Orchestra, Chorus, Quartet and Solo. Bach, Mozart, Telemann, etc.
- Recipient – J. Carroll Stevenson Memorial Scholarship, International Order of Characters Scholarship, Furman University Scholarship, Mary Goethe Scholarship, Palmetto Life Scholarship
- Gold Medalist – 1997 Academic Challenge- Art Critiquing / Arts Appreciation Team
- Designed Poster and Program cover art, acted in and stagehand in A Dream Deferred by AJ Bassett
- Member – National Honor Society – Inducted May, 1996
- Vice President National Art Honor Society – 1997/1998
- Exhibitor and Volunteer Guide – Art-train – traveling Smithsonian American Artists exhibit
- Past Member – Beaufort Chamber Orchestra Third Chair
- Past member – Stravinsky Strings, Student Ensemble, Principal & Soloist
- Past Academic Tutor (Volunteer) High School & Elementary School Students – Varied Subjects
- Community Fundraising for local charities
- Outstanding Achievement Awards – Science Fair 1996; US History Nov. 1996; Chemistry Jan. 1997; Algebra April 1997; AP Music Theory Jan. 1998, May 1998; Precalculus May 1998
- Lettered in Orchestra – Sept. 1996
- Member – South Carolina All State Orchestra 1995
- Past Member – Sea Island Youth Orchestra numerous community concerts, Principal & Soloist
- Past Member – Hilton Head Youth Orchestra, Principal
- Member - 48th NY Volunteer Infantry, Civil War re-enactors. Private in Union Army, participating in garrisons, living history events, battles. Youngest member inducted Dec. 1993
- Published Poet “The Promise” Poetic Voices of America Fall 1994
- Attended Furman University Music Camp June 1995
- Performed in Solo and Ensemble Strings Festival-Charleston SC. Rated Excellent Ensemble, Superior Solo performances by S.C. Orchestra Division and S.C. Music Educators Association, Feb. 1995
- Performed at Hyatt Regency, Hilton Head, 14th & 15th Annual Evening of the Arts String Quartet, 1994, 1995. Hyatt Regency Strive Banquet, June 1995
- J-World Sailing School, Newport, Rhode Island, 1994